We have been in Calgary a few hours and Amy and I have already been shopping for crap we don’t need. Amy got a soft toy and pet carrier from build a bear workshop, and I bought season 1 of Battlestar Galactica (well I need some entertainment for the flight back).
Surprisingly Clare was well restrained, only buying essential supplies such as tea, hot chocolate and coffee (I’m sure it won’t last). Daft thing is we only popped out for something to eat after checking into our hotel.
The flight was good, I managed to avoid my usual ear ache from the air pressure change from landing, plus we got bumped up to “Premier Class” (the posh seats at the front of the plane). Despite some really nasty smells coming from the aft toilet it was pretty darned cool.
I love it here, it feels like we have never been away.
powered by performancing firefox
First I saw that he used performancing for firefox, even if only briefly, now I see Wil Wheaton uses Performancing Metrics! I don’t know why I get such a kick out of that, lots and lots of people use our services but you know, it’s kinda cool him being a true geek celebrity and all.
Powered by: Performancing for Firefox
It’s roughly six months since I started working with the Performancing guys. Very strange, I have to think about what it was like commuting every morning, public transport, working in an office ..
We are doing well too I think, metrics launch has been a big success with thousands more users than I anticipated, the firefox extension is still doing well and getting positive reviews .. I can only think our next service will do well also. Been hard work but very satisfying.
Hope the next six months go as well.
Powered by: Performancing for Firefox
I apologise for any strange happenings on my blog for a bit, I am writing a WordPress plugin to work with the Performancing Metrics API for the user guide. Expect the blog to break. A lot.
As a Star Trek TNG fan it gives me a bit of a buzz that it looks like WW has tried out our little firefox extension. Wil, if you need any help with it, give me a shout.
Let’s give performancing a whirl!
I’m trying to decide if performancing is a good editor.
Is it easy to do styles?
Check this out, pretty cool
I want to legally download Battlestar Galactica episodes for my iPod. Seems you have to be a USA resident, even though it is a download, you can pay with paypal and the episodes are available all over the web as pirate copies.
So what to do?
Do I need to get someone to buy it for me? I expect there are laws against that. Don’t make it easy to be legit do they? I guess I could always buy it on DVD, wait for it to arrive, rip it then put it on my iPod. Yeah. That makes sense.
OMG I thought I had escaped this then I got it via email from three different people all at once. Here it is just to shut you up 🙂
TV Shows I enjoy:
- Battlestar Galactica – Best. TV. Show. Evah.
- 24 – caught it late but thanks to Damian have pretty much caught up
- The IT Crowd – best new comedy on television
- Smallville – Superman 90210
Favourite movies I can watch over and over:
- Groundhog Day
- Back to the future 2 – I do like 1, 2 or 3 but had to choose one
- Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back – Could be any of the series apart from Episode 1, 6 and three are my
- The matrix – 1, 2 or 3 but 1 is my fave
Jobs I’ve had:
- Inputter – NHS button pusher
- IT technician – IT crowd
- Sysadmin – BOFH
- Programmer – Initially loved it then un-loved it
- Canon 350D DSLR
- iPod Video – despite its flaws
- o2 XDA Exec PDA – my lifeline away from the desktop
- Sony Ericsson k750i phone – when I haven’t got the DSLR, this 2mp phone does an adequate job
- Curry – Tikka Masala is my favourite, just call me Joe Average
- Chinese – can take or leave MSG
- Pizza – as with all my favourite foods, not if it is from the supermarket
- Fish and Chips – but it has to be from a proper chippy. None of this restaurant crap with shoddy batter and the skin and bones left
Sites I visit daily:
Places I’ve lived:
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Windsor, Berkshire, England
- Harthill, South Yorkshire, England
- and where I live now
Places I’d rather be:
- Vancouver, Canada
- Calgary, Canada
- Antibes, South of France
- Cornwall, England
Bloggers I’m tagging:
Uh, no. Please let this end for the sake of all that is good!