I am super happy with my iPhone 3gs – probably one of the best gadgets I have ever bought, and I have bought a LOT of gadgets over the years. Even better I get to say “I told you so” to all the people who thought I was wrong to wait for the new iPhone with all my most wanted additions.
My only disappointment with the purchase is the case I bought to protect it:
- As you can see in the picture above, the case interferes with the camera lense, causing a “vignette” effect
- While it has slots for credit cards, there are too few, and when the slots are full you can not close the case without severe stress being placed on the leather
- It does not actually protect iPhone – there is no padding (the corners are in fact completely exposed) and the front is entirely open to knocks and scratches, so I have to make sure the iPhone is in a pocket with nothing else, and even so it is getting covered in pocket fluff
At £45 this was not the cheapest case in the Apple store. Does a proper leather wallet style iPhone case exist?
One of the reasons for my buying the iPhone 3gs is that I wanted to carry one thing only. It should be my wallet, phone, camera, email/browser and PDA.
I am nearly there, just need a case that does the job.
As you can see from my flickr stream though, apart from the case getting in the way, this device is well adequate as a point and shoot camera. The video is pretty decent too, so no need for a Flip camera either (I have no need for HD, but this is rumoured to be coming in a future flash update once they solve the battery drain issue.)
While writing this post I did have another worrying issue – the dreaded iPhone 3G white screen of death but thankfully a quick Google put my mind at rest:
– First, press and hold the HOME button.
– Second, press and hold the UP volume button as well.
– Third, with those still held, press and hold the SLEEP button.
So all is now pretty good in iPhone world again 🙂
If only I could reboot my iPhone case purchase as easily 🙁