Clients often talk to me about how they need more traffic, or better traffic. In fact they often come with what they deem to be the solution; search engine results.
You could be looking at the problem from the wrong end, it might not be traffic that is your problem.
What is it that you want to happen? Sales? Newsletter signups?
Take a good look at what you are doing to encourage your visitors to take that action (rather than click away to some other site).
You might be a small fix from improving your entire campaign many times over.
The following article is quite a nice introduction to how you can tweak your copy to drive visitors to do what you want them to 🙂
- Define The Problem.
- Deliver Your Solution.
- Explain the Benefits, Not Just the Features.
- Have a USP, or a Reason Your Company is Different.
- Use Calls to Action Liberally Throughout the Copy.
- Repeat the Key Phrases Frequently.
- Target Your Audience for Best Results.