Check this out, pretty cool
I want to legally download Battlestar Galactica episodes for my iPod. Seems you have to be a USA resident, even though it is a download, you can pay with paypal and the episodes are available all over the web as pirate copies.
So what to do?
Do I need to get someone to buy it for me? I expect there are laws against that. Don’t make it easy to be legit do they? I guess I could always buy it on DVD, wait for it to arrive, rip it then put it on my iPod. Yeah. That makes sense.
OMG I thought I had escaped this then I got it via email from three different people all at once. Here it is just to shut you up 🙂
TV Shows I enjoy:
- Battlestar Galactica – Best. TV. Show. Evah.
- 24 – caught it late but thanks to Damian have pretty much caught up
- The IT Crowd – best new comedy on television
- Smallville – Superman 90210
Favourite movies I can watch over and over:
- Groundhog Day
- Back to the future 2 – I do like 1, 2 or 3 but had to choose one
- Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back – Could be any of the series apart from Episode 1, 6 and three are my
- The matrix – 1, 2 or 3 but 1 is my fave
Jobs I’ve had:
- Inputter – NHS button pusher
- IT technician – IT crowd
- Sysadmin – BOFH
- Programmer – Initially loved it then un-loved it
- Canon 350D DSLR
- iPod Video – despite its flaws
- o2 XDA Exec PDA – my lifeline away from the desktop
- Sony Ericsson k750i phone – when I haven’t got the DSLR, this 2mp phone does an adequate job
- Curry – Tikka Masala is my favourite, just call me Joe Average
- Chinese – can take or leave MSG
- Pizza – as with all my favourite foods, not if it is from the supermarket
- Fish and Chips – but it has to be from a proper chippy. None of this restaurant crap with shoddy batter and the skin and bones left
Sites I visit daily:
Places I’ve lived:
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Windsor, Berkshire, England
- Harthill, South Yorkshire, England
- and where I live now
Places I’d rather be:
- Vancouver, Canada
- Calgary, Canada
- Antibes, South of France
- Cornwall, England
Bloggers I’m tagging:
Uh, no. Please let this end for the sake of all that is good!
There are lots of good things I could say about the iPod. It’s a lovely, beautiful even, piece of kit.
But I have had mine 24 hours now and I have to say I am dissapointed.
- iTunes is fine but it is not ideal for every purpose. Why am I locked in to iTunes for everything?
- I have more than one PC. Why is the iPod crippled to only work with one computer?
- It works as an external HD – yay, but can’t see the files you have copied to it’s own hard disk, boo!
- You can show photographs in a slide show, but only if you have synced them with iTunes … making the feature useless to photographers in the field
- … And how do you organise the pictures? or do they have to be one big mess?
- The video lead is almost standard but they have swapped the leads round. WTF?
- As a piece of product design the iPod is fantastic. Shame the thing scratches as soon as you look at it so you have to hide it in an ugly rubber condom which is a magnet for fluff and crumbs.
- How do you switch it off?
Maybe there are functions and features I have missed, I must admit I haven’t done the RTFM thing.
So I got me an iPod, the black 60gb, with a black iSkin case. It just finished syncing and is now half full.
Just like Damians it looks to be a magnet for fluff and bits but after my Canon 350D this is my favourite ever gadget.
I payed over the odds and bought it from the Apple Store. Browsing that place … I very nearly became attracted to Macs. Very nearly.
Just lately I have got back into the mood where I listen to a lot of music, as you will see here and here. I have now over 30gb and climbing of music (99% legal). On top of the music I also have need for a good capacity external drive so I have decided it is time to put my old Creative Labs Zen Xtra to rest and buy an iPod video.
Pictured is Damians. His rubber cover looked nice when he first got it but it seems a magnet for dust and fluff so I will be buying a iSkin cover if I can. Apparently they scratch like buggery otherwise.
My only dilemma is should I get 30gb and use the zen as a drive or a 60gb to save the hassle of two devices, two power chargers (and charges) ..
Thanks to all who suggested new bands for me to try out, keep them coming. Mark and Art talked me through my hits and misses in my musical tastes and recommended between them three new bands. New purchased downloads today are
- Maximo Park
So far so good!
Barbara recommends the following
- the Weakerthans
- Matthew Good
- Belle and Sebastian
- Bloc Party
Problem is I rely on purchasing music from Allofmp3.com ($1 an album anybody?) but they seem to have largely ignored these artists other than Belle and Sebastian (who I already had but need to give more of a chance) :O(
I thought I would update you on my music selection this week. Mark recommends I use Metacritic to find new bands. My method until now has been to surf Last.fm starting with my current favourite acts and finding related artists. It’s worked pretty well so far.
So beginning with The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, et al I have ended up recently at
I imagine you guys are a far better guide for who I should be listening to, gimme a recommendation in the comments will you?
I just realised I haven’t been outside since I got back from San Diego. That can’t be good, can it? The only time I have left the house is to go in the car, and then either to the supermarket or the mall. I’m gonna need some oxygen I reckon, fast.
In fact, rather than typing this I should be going for a walk! I am sure work can survive without me for 20 minutes…
Hmm .. as I type this I get another email. Maybe work can’t do without me after all …
OK, tomorrow. Tomorrow I will leave the house. I will take my camera with me, it will help me find something new to photograph for the DSLRBlog Picture A Day Challenge